It’s less than two weeks to showtime for Samsung, when the World would indeed witness the launch of probably the Best phone (phablet) of 2016.
And as is usually the norm, new leaks have made it online to confirm or elaborate further on earlier rumours of features we had learnt of before now.
Here are some new leaks we’ve gathered recently:
1. Alas! A USB Type C port will really be making its way onboard the Note 7. Alleged photos from Samsung Vietnam confirm the USB Type-C cord in a wrapping with N930 (believed to be the model number for the Note 7) embossed on it.
2. It’s charger will indeed support fast charging in addition to the fast data transfer of the USB Type-C cord. Pictures leaked on a Weibo page confirm the likely charging plug to which the USB Type-C cord would be connected to.
3. Waterproofing confirmed! The Note 7 will be Samsung’s 1st Dust and Water proof phablet. A picture showing it being put to a water test was allegedly posted on a Weibo page to confirm this certification.
4. Android OS 7.0 Nougat might debut with the Note 7. Though still held as a rumour to some extent, it kinda fits with the timeline Google gave earlier last month that a consumer version of the Android OS 7.0 would indeed be ready before September. Since there hasn’t been any mention of a Google Nexus phone to be released before then, analysts believe the Note 7 might be the debut device. Samsung and Google have actually been working on a “new version” of TouchWiz for a while now.
5. … The Real Deal finally shows up.
To round up our string of new leaks is a purported leak of the Note 7 in all its glory with the curved edge sides, USB Type C port, the new coral blue colour and the newly improved S-Pen that’s said to be able to write on the phablet’s screen even under water.
Now tell me you ain’t itching to see this Baby ready to go! Huh?